RECIPE | Kellogg's Cornflakes Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


Assalamualaikum and hello my love! I have not been sharing recipes for quite sometime, I think the last recipe was my cinnamon rolls recipe which was uploaded in my YouTube channel many months ago. Since Ramadan is coming and of course Syawal is approaching  too, why not I gave you darling a simple cookies recipe that is so easy to make. I created this recipe because I LOVE double chocolate chip cookies and I thought, why not add it Kellogg's Cornflakes to add on more crunch? I love Kellogg's Cornflakes as my morning cereal but it would definitely taste great in cookies as well. Do you know that you can substitute crushed cornflakes with breadcrumbs? Try making prawn tempura (or any kind of meat) and use crushed cornflakes instead of the usual breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs, you are going to love it! Anyway, let's get back to the recipe and I'm going to share with you how easy it is to make it, come on! :)


KELLOGG'S CORNFLAKES DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES



INGREDIENTS :

250g      butter
100g      castor sugar
50g        brown sugar
2            eggs
2            tsps vanilla essence
300g      all-purpose flour
2 tsps     baking powder
1/2 cup   cocoa powder
200g      Kellogg's Cornflakes (coarsely crushed)
1 cup     chocolate chip


HOW TO :


Firstly, preheat your oven to 180 degrees F. Cream butter with castor sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add on the 2 eggs.



Secondly add the vanilla essence and mix well.



Add in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder by batches. Don't put all in once because the powder will go everywhere and it will be a total mess. Mix until everything is well combined.



Using a spatula, fold in the coarsely crushed Kellogg's Cornflakes and chocolate chip. Mix until everything is well combined.



Line your baking tray with parchment paper. I totally forgotten to buy the parchment paper so I just buttered the whole pan, it works okay too. Use a 1/2 tablespoon to measure the size of the cookie dough so the cookies will come out roughly the same size. I use back of a spoon or fork to flatten out  the cookies(a bit only). This mixture makes 111 pieces of cookies. Get the cookies into the oven and bake for 23 minutes. Half way time, maybe around 12 mins, I rotate the baking tray so the cookies will bake evenly on all side.




The Kellogg's Cornflakes really adds on the crunch to my double chocolate chip cookies! The cookies is not as sweet but you can always adjust the sugar. But the sweetness of the cookies is perfect for my family. The cookies itself is crunchy and so good! I baked this cookies for the first time and it is a big hit with my family! I think we only left with less than half of the cookies, I guess I need to bake another batch for Eid. :) Make sure to try it out as the recipe is so simple to make! :)



Anyway, Kellog's Cornflakes is introducing 8 limited editionKellogg’s Corn Flakes® cookie recipes for this coming Ramadan. Kellogg's sampling truck will be around in KL from 17th June until 10th July 2015  so those who visit the the sampling trucks can watch live baking demonstrations by talented bakers and gain more knowledge on how to diversified the usage of cornflakes for this coming Eid. Kellogg's together with popular TV host, Maria Tunku Sabri aims to donate the cookies to selected orphanages and welfare homes in Malaysia.






Maria will also make be making special appearances at selected sampling truck locations such as
·       Sogo KL, 12 June (1pm-2pm)
·       Giant Batu Caves, 13 June  (1pm-3pm)
·       Giant Stadium Shah Alam, 14 June (1pm-3pm)


The public are invited to try Kellogg’s Corn Flakes® cookies and pledge to send cookies to orphans at the following dates and locations:



Okay darlings, don' forget to try out my recipes okay? *hehehe* I would like to take this opportunity to say "Selamat menyambut Ramadan and jangan ponteng puasa!" :D



Thanks for reading love! :)




Till then,


CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum. How much baking powder is needed for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waalaikumussalam. oopsss 2 tsps dear. terlupe nak tulis. dah update kt recipe. thank you for pointing it out. :)

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Us