[Beauty Review] | Bourjois Silk Edition Compact Powder and Smoky Stories Eyeshadow Palette in Ocean Obsession



Assalamualaikum and hello love. It feels like I haven't reviewed makeup products lately and I am up for one today! I received these 2 products from Bourjois in early February and I haven't got the chance to play around with them until end of February. Finally I am ready to reveal my thoughts on Bourjois products, the Silk Edition Compact Powder and Smoky Stories Eyeshadow Palettes. I have a review on one of Bourjois lip product which is the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet. Kindly click HERE if you want to check out the review. :)



BOURJOIS SILK EDITION COMPACT POWDER
Shade : #53 Golden Beige
Weight : 9g
Retail Price : RM53.90
Availability : Bourjois Kiosk and Watsons nationwide



I am not really compact powder kinda-gal, because I much prefer a powder foundation over compact powder. Hence I wasn't expecting much from this compact powder. But before we go in depth on my review, lets take a look at the sleek packaging first.


I have never seen any compact powder that has a 360 degrees rotating mirror! *hahaha* call me a bit kiasu but this is such a cool invention! I love this feature because it is simply awesome. :D This compact powder comes with a sponge which I only use if I'm outside the house. I prefer to use it with my kabuki powder brush.


The shade that I got is #53 which is Golden Beige. It is actually kinda yellow when I watched it but as I blend it into my skin, surprisingly it blends very well!


The texture is smooth and silky and glides nicely on my skin. Since it is not a powder foundation, it is not highly pigmented. However, it gives a nice finish as my makeup setting powder. I use liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser whenever I need to go out and this compact powder has been my go-to compact powder this couple of weeks. I love the silky soft finish on my skin and it does somehow smoothen up my pores and visible lines. I would say this would be great for touch ups and useful to bring around when I'm outside the house. It keeps me matte for about 4 -5 hours which is pretty good for a compact powder. Oh and this powder has a slight scent to it which I don't prefer but I don't mind since I like the product. Give it a go if you are in the hunt of a new compact powder, you gonna love it!



BOURJOIS SMOKY STORIES EYESHADOW PALETTE
Shade : #08 Ocean Obsession
Weight : 3.2g
Retail Price : RM46.90
Availability : Bourjois Kiosk and Watsons nationwide



Another product that I got is the Smoky Stories Eyeshadow Palette in the shade #08 Ocean Obsession. This is a cool tone grey-ish and blue-ish palette that would be great for a night out and also during the day. I think Bourjois has a total of 8 eyeshadow palettes in this collection if I am not mistaken. 


# 1 : Grey-ish silver shade. Smooth and buttery, highly pigmented. Satin finish.
# 2 : Dark grey with purple undertone. Smooth and buttery. Highly pigmented. Satin finish.
# 3 : Dark grey with blue undertone. Smooth and buttery. Highly pigmented. Satin finish.
# 4 : Grey-ish blue shimmer shade. Lotsa glitter. A bit patchy and major fall outs.

I like this eyeshadow palette because of the smooth and buttery texture (for #1 , #2 and #3 shade). They are highly pigmented and so easy to blend so if you think you put too much, just simply blend it out with your blending brush and you are good to go. You can actually use the palette for a day look as well by combining 2 shades which is the #1 and #2.  The only downside is the shimmer shade (#4) because it is patchy and the glitter fallout is messy. So if you want to use this colour, do your eye makeup first and apply your foundation and concealer last so you can wipe of the excess glitter on your face. It is an affordable eyeshadow palette and it is great for those who are beginners because you have all the related colours in a palette to create the perfect smoky eyes.


I used #1 all over my eyelids, #2 on my crease, #3 at the outer corner (create a V shape and elongate the wing) and my lower lash line and #4 at the centre of my eyelids. I finished it off with a winged eyeliner and heavy coat of mascara.



I used both of the products in this look, what do you think? I kinda love the cool tone eyes with red brownish lips. I think they go well together. :)


So are you gonna get any of these two? Let me know in the comment box below if you have tried any of Bourjois products and please do recommend if you have any favourites from this brand!



For more information on Bourjois, please visit :

Bourjois Malaysia Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/bourjoismy
Official Website : http://www.bourjois.com






Till then,




CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. belum pernah try...but one day, akan try jugak...macam best je powder tu... :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Us