Sexy Sunday Series # 12 | Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner and Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer


Assalamualaikum and hello love.

Here comes the second part of my Smashbox review and yes you guess it right, I'm gonna talk about lip products as this is my Sexy Sunday post. ^_^ First up, we are going to talk about Smashbox Always Sharp Liner. The name is rather long, but what does it really mean?


SMASHBOX ALWAYS SHARP LINER


I got the shade in Ruby which is a red with orange undertone. The texture is quite creamy and easy to glide on the lips. It is a twist-able lip liner therefore no need to worry about sharpening. I was wondering what does it mean by the name? After using it for quite some time, I understand why it is named that way. It is because the tip of the lip liner will always be sharp whenever I want to use it due to the twist-able method. It looks pretty simple but having a sharp tip on the lip liner really makes an easy lip liner application.

Apologized for the messy application. T_T
The lip liner is long-wearing and it stays on pretty well on my lips. It leaves reddish stain and this would be a perfect base for any red lips. But it does feel quite drying and I can't wear it on it's own. Apply another layer of lipstick or lipgloss and it's perfect. Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner is priced at RM82 and it is available in Sephora Malaysia.  :)



BE LEGENDARY LONG WEAR LIP LACQUER


Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer in Firecracker is your classic red with orange undertone. Since it's a lip lacquer, I know that it will give me a long-lasting stain. I can honestly say that I like the applicator because it is easy to use. The lip lacquer glides on smoothly following the curves of my lips. The formulation is wet therefore you will definitely need to wait for at least one to 2 hours for the lip lacquer to sink in. But it's not too slippery and it does not bleed around your lips. I did a little test where I took a tissue paper and blot my lips after the first hour and the colour transferred on the tissue. After the second hour, it still transfer but very minimal. When it comes to the 3rd hour, the colour did not budge.  Safe to say that this lip lacquer will stay on your lips at least for 6 hours (if you are eating oily food that is). 


The lip lacquer gives a glossy finish on the lips but after the 3rd hour, it gives sort of a satin finish.  It feels quite moisturizing due to the wet formulation. I would say the formulation reminds me of Rimmel Apocalypse Lip Lacquer (as a reference of the texture/feel). Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer is priced at RM85 and is available at Sephora Malaysia.


My overall look by using Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Full Exposure Mascara, Always Sharp Lip Liner and Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer, I really like the natural eyes with a bold red lips, love it! I think I like this look with mascara and no eye liner, it's quite refreshing! :D Read my review on the primer and mascara by clicking HERE! ^_^


So are you gonna get any of these? I love all of them but if I really have to choose, the Photo Finish Foundation Primer and the Full Exposure Mascara are my must have! ^_^



Thanks for reading love! ^_^


Till then,



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Us