Zespri 14 Day Challenge : Day # 8, # 9 and # 10 : Bloatedness, Kiwi Tartlets & My favourite moment



Assalamualaikum and hello my darlings! Do you know that kiwifruit help to reduce bloatedness after a heavy meal? It is because of the actinidin and fibre in kiwifruit that helps to prevent constipation and ease our digestive system. ^_^  For today Kiwi post, I want to share with all of you an easy Kiwi Tartlet recipe that I created on the 9th day of my Zespri Kiwi Challenge. It is a bit time consuming but trust me, it's worth it!


KIWI TARTLETS


Ingredients :
(Makes 24 tartlets)

3 sheets of ready pastry (I used whole wheat all purpose pastry)
3 egg yolks
1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
4 tbsp of cornstarch / corn flour
2 kiwi
500ml milk
2 Zespri Green kiwi



Preheat your oven at 180 degrees. Cut your pastry into 9 pcs (or what ever size you want) and place them in a tart/muffin tray. Baked for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Make sure to poke some holes on the pastry using a fork to avoid these hideous bubbles. *hahahaha* :P

While your tart shell is baking, go ahead and make your egg custard. 

Firstly pour milk, sugar and vanilla into a cooking pot. Let it simmer and make sure the sugar has dissolve. 

Then in a bowl, mix the 3 egg yolks and cornstarch. Mix well. 

When the sugar (in the milk mixture) has dissolve, pour half of the hot milk into the eggs mixture and whisk well. Then pour in the mixture back into the cooking pot and continue cooking until the mixture is thick.

You will get this kind of consistency. Keep it in the fridge for an hour before use.

Next, mashed up 1 kiwi. Another kiwi is for garnish.

Get your pastry shells and pour in the egg custard.

Finish it off with kiwifruits on top!


Ready to be eaten! It's quite nice surprisingly but I think I want to try using my apple pie pastry recipe for next time. :D


I always end my nights with 2 Zespri kiwifruit since I started of the challenge. I love it! :)



Till then,


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Us